What is it with bass fishing that compels so many people to take part in this activity? People really like bass fishing that is why when they hear a trend about it this peaks their interests.
“Where are the blah blah.? Where is the bass!” How many anglers (recreational and tournament) find body of water that they have not fished before, get the boat in the water, then, they ask themselves this question? This is most likely one of the largest issues in bass fishing that an angler needs to understand.
Here you will get advice on how to find areas good for bass fishing.
Finding bass and comprehending the water would be the most important question of many bass anglers. The next question that is asked the most would be what type of bait they need to use to reel in a large bass.
Now when you consider it, there are actually only two main ideas that go together when it comes to bass fishing. The more you understand about these two, the more it will help you to become a much experienced fisher, and they are;
1. Learning how to find the best bass locations.
2. Learning about the different baits,techniques and presentations to help you catch a bass.
Trying to find a good place for bass can be challenging to most fishermen because there are many aspects that need to be considered such as:
1. Learn map reading – this is a basic skill that needs to be learned because using a map it will be easier to find good places for bass fishing.
2. Discovering the best places to find active Bass soon after cold fronts and during late fall and early spring times. You should definitely consider the water conditions.
3. Judging the depth of the water- this is a vital aspect because the depth of the water body will be a determining factor if you are in a good location or not.
4. Clarity of water- you might find bass fishing easier if you are well-aware of the water clarity in your area.
5. Temperature of the water
6. Seasonal patterns- there can be a related trend of bass fishing.
7. Structure area location
8. Locating areas of vegetation
There is even more! Being a bass angler that is consistent includes more than just jumping in your boat, getting in the water, and throwing your baits. AndThat’s why it can get so exhilarating and aggressive at bass tournaments, because as you gather more information about finding bass the faster you can begin to catch them right? And hey, thats half the struggle?
Let’s begin by taking a look at a map of a lake. There are usually two varieties of lake maps that a majority of anglers will handle which are called the: “Topographical” and “Hot Spot” maps. The “Hot Spots” map displays the best fishing spots whereas the “Topo” map will present more detail.
The important thing you need to do when using a lake chart would be to segment the map. You will need to analyze the map. Check for areas where you think fish might be. Next, You should separate the map into sections depending on the time you are allowed to pre-fish for an upcoming tournament or how long you have to just fish for enjoyment in the body of water.
The dimension of the sections will vary according to structure, contours, and the number of places you may want to investigate throughout the day depending on what is shown on the map. You should not just cast your bait a few times then leave. Try a variety of baits if you detect signs of fish in any particular areas to try to provide a working system.
Here are some vital things that you can probably check for when trying to find bass on any particular water body:
1. Areas of Vegetation
2. Contours that are uneven
3. Shallow water near deep sea areas
4. Point drops and point
5. Different kinds of structure
I hope that you find this article informative and useful too. Enjoys yourself.
Abhishek is an avid Bass Fishing enthusiast and he has got some great Bass Fishing Secrets up his sleeve! Download his FREE 135 Pages Ebook, “How To Become A Bass Fishing Pro!” from his website http://www.Fishing-Masters.com/88/index.htm . Only limited Free Copies available.