Going to Canada to fish is definitely a good idea for vacation. The activity is really fun and worthwhile. Hobbyists and fishing enthusiasts attest that fishing around the numerous fishing resorts across the country can be a potent and effective form of stress relief. Going to a Canadian fishing trip is all the more worthwhile if you observe proper travel preparation prior to going. As you embark on the travel, you should also do several recommended actions to make the trip more enjoyable.
Here are several travel trips that will help make your Canadian fishing vacation more worthwhile.
– Secure proper travel documents. Just like when traveling to other offshore destinations, it would be advisable if you secure proper and appropriate travel documents. Have a secure and legal visa and appropriately book accommodations and air fare. Make sure you take care of all necessary aspects before the trip so that you can be sure everything will be in its proper order when you come back from vacation.
– If you aim to fish, you don’t need to bring with you the fishing equipment and gadgets needed. Of course, you can bring your own but be reminded that doing so would only make your baggage heavier and bulkier. If you don’t mind that, go ahead and bring and use your own fishing equipment. Otherwise, you shouldn’t worry because Canadian fishing resorts almost always provide fishing equipment rentals to clients.
– Obtain a necessary fishing license before going fishing. Though fishing is a rampant leisure and occupational activity in the country, authorities always make sure anglers have all the necessary documents and permissions to fish. You should also secure a Conservation license because it is a prerequisite to a fishing license. As a form of consolation, be reminded that it isn’t hard and tedious acquiring both.
– Bring with you necessary identification documents like social security card, drivers or professional license and other pertinent and valid identification cards because those are required when processing fishing licenses.
– Get in touch with any Canadian friends or acquaintances because you need to be accompanied by a Canadian citizen when applying for a fishing license. This provision however is waived at some special cases.
On top of those guidelines, be sure to bring with you sufficient amount of money and your sense of discipline. As a tourist in Canada, you are expected and are required to abide by any special regulations and policies regarding fishing tourists. Make your Canadian fishing trip worthwhile.